Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tuesday was our first day in court about Baby J. Things did and did not progress. If that doesn't make sense (and how could it?!), ask us what happened. I don't want to post it on the blog.

Things are going so well. Baby J is gaining weight, he continues to be a very good baby, and  we love him! Getting to have him was a very difficult process, but when we look back, every tear, frustration and stress was worth it.

I'll end with one funny story.  When we started talking about having an infant, Bryan was concerned. "Lis, you're such a deep sleeper. There is no way you'll hear the baby, and I am such a light sleeper, I'll wake up all the time."

Although I didn't see anything wrong with that scenario, this is what really happens.

Bryan, yawning, "So, did Baby J have a good night? How many times did he get up?"

Yep, that's what I thought. Bryan doesn't hear him at all, and I awake at the slightest wimper. Someone told me that, once I had children, I would probably never get a good nights sleep again. I'm glad I enjoyed all of them up to this point!





2 comments:

  1. So funny! That's totally how it is at our house. Amyla's been doing really well at night, but she's been working on some teeth and the nights haven't been so great. It's really annoying in the morning to have Nate ask me in the morning how the night was after I 'got' to spend several hours in the recliner with the little miss! :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you get "Mom ears". I feel somewhat deaf but then I hear Mad make the slightest whimper upstairs with her doors shut and the fan on...guess nature wanted it that way!

    ReplyDelete