Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another memory, another day without them

The longer we wait, the harder this gets. At first (and by at first, I mean while we were still doing the paperwork - months ago), I'd heard about people waiting to get their kids and how difficult it was. The weight they lost. The tears they shed. I have to admit thinking, well, there is nothing you can do about it. Stay busy and it will happen eventually.

Now I know. It's hard to wait. I probably won't lose any weight...only water weight. If we don't get this paperwork in the next two weeks, we'll most likely miss my sister's wedding. I'm so disappointed about that. But even more than that, we have missed out on so much of their lives already. Each day that goes by is a yet another day that we make our own memories...without them.

Sometimes we misunderstand the information and I found out yesterday that they have not been told about us. They have not seen our photobooks. They have only been being prepared for adoption in general. This makes me feel better because now I know they aren't wondering what is taking us so long. Also, English lessons have been started one hour per week. We're trying to get that extended.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa, this makes my heart so sad, although I am glad that they don't 'know' about you yet. It seems that would be easier for them. Thank goodness for the English lessons! :) Thanks for sharing your heart.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete