Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update is in the mail!

My trip to Springfield was less painful than last. I fed $.75 into the meter and sailed into the office. Just a very minor hiccup this time which means I should have no problems next time I go. I know where it is, I know the process and I know what I'm supposed to do. Yes, unfortunately there is at least one more "next time." But, hey, we can deal with that.

After visiting the Secretary of State, I marched into the closest Post Office facility I could find, only to discover they don't do packages. So instead, I practiced my Polish all the way to a familiar post office and requested Express mail again. This time, they could not guarantee delivery until Friday afternoon. I hope it gets there tomorrow, because every day counts. Christmas is going to delay things a bit, so the sooner, the better.

According to our agency, we should get the official referral within two weeks. While we wait, I will start the next wave of paperwork so it's ready to send off to USCIS as soon as possible. 

What all this means is that, barring any other paperwork delays, it seems like we'll be flying in February. I've suppressed my excitement for months, but we can see the end. And that's really exciting to us, so we may be annoying to be around :)!

1 comment:

  1. I just checked in to see where you guys are at, and I LOVE reading it. It brings back so many memories of waiting for Hayden. I don't think anyone can truly appreciate getting mail like an adoptive mama in waiting!! We were told that Ukraine is very cold as well, but the year we went they had record breaking warm temperatures :) Love how God worked that out for us. We had 2 visits a day with Hayden and if we couldn't have gone outside, both visits would have been in a cramped room with 10 other families trying to bond with their children in the few short hours we had with them! But, we got to roam roam around the orphanage grounds and have some space and time all to ourselves! Anyway, February will be here so fast! Praying that works and that you don't go past your March deadline. Crazy how important dates and stamps and signatures become!!

    ReplyDelete