Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Helpless, but not Hopeless

"I'm stressed," Bryan said, as he handed me an empty package of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.

"You ate them all?"

I can't believe he ate my cookies. He doesn't even like sweets! But cookies aside, we have been stressed.

The last two weeks have been filled with bewilderment, anxiety, stress, uncertainty and more. Basically, the facts are that this baby will probably be born and go home with someone else. We knew this was a risk going into this, so it's not really a surprise...although the craziness has been a bit more crazy than we expected.

So here's where we are: by next week, we should know whether we will have a son soon (although the way things have gone, it ain't over til it's over). In some ways, I feel we do have a child. His sonogram is sitting on our desk. But in many other ways, he's not ours.

It's hard to think about his future, but we're really trying to trust God. Yes, it's stressful, but I think we're doing fairly well. We're helpless, but not hopeless. You can't really be hopeless when your trust is in God, right?

I will post as soon as I hear an answer one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment