Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bumpety Bump

We hit a speed bump.

We were supposed to be officially approved by an entity in Poland yesterday. It didn't happen, because our dossier doesn't match up with the children's ages, plus our physicals are over a year old, plus they didn't like our background check documentation.

To fix everything (which we had to do anyway; we just weren't planning to do it before the referral was issued), we need to renew and update everything. Each step is dependent on the step before it, so we're looking at a long(er) time. Maybe we will leave by the end of the year, but I think early next year is more likely.

This is frustrating, but I have only to look at the events that rocked our area a few days ago to realize it's not that big of a deal.

This extra time will allow us to do more research, practice more Polish, have time to purge the house to make room...

and move into Bryan's closet :).

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how frustrating that was to hear. I am so excited to meet your children! Enjoy each day with just you and Brian, that you have left and I am sure that day will be here before you know it! Keep trusting God, he can do some amazing things!
    Love,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the bump, but I'm sure you'll make the most of it. Perhaps I'll have to try some Polish myself :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete