Friday, October 5, 2012

No travel dates yet...

You'll forgive the lack of witty titles, won't you?

My mind is thinking about other things.

We don't know much more. We met with our caseworker today. She has to update our home study, then send it to the state of Illinois.

In the meantime, we're waiting for a package from Poland to be sent to our agency. Once they receive that, we can submit our USCIS (federal) forms.

Other than that, most of my work will be figuring out how to deal with the language barrier, talking to the school about ESL issues, and scheduling doctors' appointments.

Yesterday, I scheduled a doctor's appointment for our daughter. It's not until we get back, of course, but talk about a surreal moment!

I expect that we will get our travel dates next week, but I'm not really sure. Today, our agency said they "hoped" we would be home by Christmas. If that's true, we will probably be leaving sooner than I thought.

I also asked our agency if the children knew they were being adopted. She wasn't sure, but said they would know soon if they didn't already.

She suggested that I create photobooks to be sent over, so they could start getting used to what their life will look like.

I can't even imagine how scary this will be for them, but within a year or two, I hope we (and they) will be adjusted.

3 comments:

  1. I came across your blog from Erika Mueller. As a fellow international adoptive parent, I am so super excited for you! I can remember the moment we got our travel dates as if it was yesterday--but it was actually 6 years ago :) Hayden came home from Ukraine when he was 2. We spent 5 weeks over there and it was the best 5 weeks of our lives!! We would definitely stay for the whole time if we had to do it again. It was a trip we will most likely never again be able to repeat. The memories and experiences are wonderful for us, but even better for us to be able to share with Hayden. Your kids will ask about their home country often. The more you can personally share about it, the better! We are now in the process of adopting an older child (8) domestically. This too is an amazing journey. We thank God for both of our boys and both paths--international and domestic, toddler and older. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I would love to offer up anything I have to help out. (Even school wise since I am now back to teaching and teaching first grade)
    Emily (Bachtold) Jones
    jjjfarm@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter! How awesome to read that! Can't wait to see these 2 sweet kids...wish they were here already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, Bryan & Lisa! We will pray things go smoothly (at least, as much as possible!)...I see playdates on the horizon :)

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete