Friday, March 15, 2013

Closer and closer

Last night, we were told we could "pick" when we would make our trip over the big pond, although the suggestion was mid-April. "Does the Aberle family think they could make that work?" our contact in Poland asked.

Um, YES! So I gave them a range of dates (April 8-15). Of course April 8 isn't really mid-April, but it sounded good to me. We have to wait on getting our fingerprinting done, plus we have to get a couple of forms signed, notarized, and apostilled (maybe this will be my last Apostilling adventure). Plus we need to wait on something called the Article 5 letter. In my limited understanding, this comes from the US embassy in Poland. We think that it will get to our Polish contact today.

We are still waiting for confirmation that April 15 or earlier will be acceptable. I can't concentrate very well. I, who normally fall asleep 2 minutes after my head hits the pillow and sleeps for 7 straight hours until I awake refreshed, could not fall asleep last night. Then I could not stay asleep. I woke up for good at 3 am. My mind was full of all the things we need to do. So, at 4 am, I came downstairs and made my giant to-do list: packing lists, clothes, work issues that need to be taken care of, calling the school district, etc.

We're thankful it's getting so close!

Edit: I should have waited to write this until after I checked the mail. We got our fingerprinting appointments today, so it looks like we'll be making a trip to Naperville on March 28. This doesn't allow us to leave earlier, but it makes me feel better that we should definitely have it done in plenty of time.

1 comment:

  1. A Packing List! You are truly my sister. And I can't WAIT to meet the kids. I'm so glad it's all going to happen before June.

    ReplyDelete