Thursday, March 28, 2013

We will leave for Europe two weeks from tomorrow. Oui!

Yes, yes, I know I said I wouldn't be updating much, but this is as much a diary for me as it is updating friends and family.

Whirlwind this week, trying to get everything ready for my sub at work and trying to get everything ready to be gone for so long. Throw in multiple phone calls to schedule Dr's appointments and arrange meetings/phone calls for the kids when they start school. Oh, yes, and another uneventful trip to Naperville for fingerprints today. And one more trip to Springfield for one more apostilled document next week.

Tomorrow we have a conference call with our adoption agency to talk about bonding and attachment. Looking forward to learning more about that. Then next week, we have another phone call with the agency to talk about travel.

The emotions we feel change from minute to minute sometimes. They range from sadness for the kids, joy, excitement, anxiety, nerves, gratitude, and disbelief. I am certain we will be bouncing from one emotion to another for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment