Monday, March 4, 2013

Did you hear that?

Thump!

That was me, falling off my chair. And wait until you hear why. (I didn't fall off my chair, but I was very surprised.)

Normally we wait to receive our USCIS correspondence through the mail. Today, I was sitting there, feeling slightly impatient and I said to myself, "Why not enter into the 21st century and use email?"

I had their email address and shot off an email.

I didn't expect anything today. Maybe in four days.

At 1:50 PM, I opened an email. It said something like: Your files have been reviewed and will be approved today. Expect your official approval letter in 7-10 days.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Friends, I can't believe this. I am so shocked. Immediately, I began to wonder, did she get the wrong person? Is she talking about our refile paperwork or is this the real deal? I reread the email several times. I went through various scenarios and kept coming up with this must be real.

If this is real, we will be able to start scheduling our Poland court dates soon. We do need to get our fingerprints redone before we leave so we may be delayed a bit.

But it's coming!


Update the Paperwork Process
Step one - Physicals -  DONE!
Step two - State of IL approval - DONE!
Step three - USCIS approval - DONE!
Step four - Poland approval - DONE!
Step four a - Send the paperwork to USCIS - DONE!
Step four b - Nervously await USCIS response - ordered stomach ulcer medication
Step five - USCIS approval - I think so!
Step six - wait 30 days before we can travel
Step seven - meet our children!

6 comments: