Thursday, June 20, 2013

Routines and games

I think the wedding weekend went well. The kids, especially Roxy, didn't really want to talk to anyone, but they were comfortable enough to run around without us. I hope that's a good sign. Part of me thinks they should be a little apprehensive, because that would show more connection. But I don't know. 

We did have to take a break on Saturday and stay home. I've noticed that things go much better when they have enough sleep and eat more nutritious meals. Makes sense, right?

I think things are improving a lot. Part of it definitely has to do with finally getting over jet leg and settling into a routine. Kind of. Still a lot of work to do there, but we're making progress. We have moments where America gets a literal thumbs down, and they want to go back to Poland. And the parents get a thumbs down, too, sometimes, but since it's usually because I won't let them eat unlimited ice cream or go to Dairy Queen every day, I think that's okay. We're working on a lot of things, even if the kids don't know it :).

One of the kids' favorite games is "Bus." Using sidewalk chalk, they drew bus stops at various points along the driveway. They will "pick" me up at various locations. While they ride their bikes, I walk behind them. Then they drop me off at a different bus stop. Did I mention these bus rides are expensive? Sometimes I have to pay up to $7 dollars. (Fortunately, I can use fake money. Whew!)

I think I forgot to mention that Roxy taught herself to ride a bike since she's been home. And she loves it!

They also like to play "gotcha" which means they ride their bikes and I chase them. On foot. Don't they know how old I am? Needless to say, I never catch them unless I am very, very sneaky. 

They like driving with the windows down, until we drive past yet another pig building. "Ew! Pigs!" They yell as they quickly roll up the windows. 

They both keep asking when we're going to get our sheep back and said that they will each have their own. And Roxy cuddles cats whenever she can. We probably should get some more animals again soon.


1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    A friend told me about your blog and I have enjoyed catching up with you. I remember being little girls playing together (when you lived in Ohio).
    You are an amazing mother! Keep up the good work! (I loved the ice cream part...they sound totally normal :-) my kids beg to go for ice cream every day too!!)
    Love and prayers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete