Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Learning English - Part 2

Time for only a short post today...

We went back to the zoo area again today, only we walked in the botanical area. So pretty.

I have heard lots of "I don't like you, Mama" in Polish, but it's slowly being replaced with "I lub you." I much prefer the sweet sound of the latter.

Also, a couple of mornings ago, shortly after 5 am, David began calling out from the next room, "Hungry! Hungry! Hun-GREE!" over and over and over again until everyone in the apartment was awake. 

Your job is to guess correctly how I first responded. If you leave the correct answer in the comments, I will teach you how to say, "I don't like you, Mama" in Polish, but only if you promise never to say it to your Mom.

Back to the scenario above...Did I?:

A. Rejoice that my son learned an English word and used it in the appropriate context.
B. Pretend to stay sleeping and hoped that he would fall back asleep, too.
C. Leap out of bed and whip up breakfast.
D. Say "Nie Rozumiem" (I don't understand in Polish)

Okay, one final story that really cracks me up. Sometimes, as the kids are going to sleep, we finger-draw letters on the kids' backs and they have to guess which letter it is. Anyway, David was in our room for the third time and he wanted me to draw letters. Again. So I drew an O. Then a U. Then a T. OUT. He didn't catch it, but I thought it was really funny. Lame? Probably...

7 comments:

  1. I am back and forth between answer B and answer D! They both seem like something you would do! Hmmmmm My final answer is....B. Pretend to stay sleeping and hope he would fall back asleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go with D... you have a corny sense of humor like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I am going to go with D. -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 am??? That is way to early for you to be having a conversation. I am going with B! I know how well you enjoy sleep. :):)):)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with B... because that's probably what I would have done.
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete