Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Visit to the doctor

Not much happened today. We took Kid #2 to the hospital for a scheduled checkup. It's a good thing a nurse came with us: I had no idea (and still don't) how to navigate that system. When we walked in, the hallway and room were crammed with people. There didn't seem to be a line, so the first person who darted into the exam room got to be seen first. Crazy. Everything is okay with Kid #2.

We went to McDonalds for lunch and got everything we ordered! Wow!

Has anyone else heard of flying mosquitoes? On our long trek to the shop yesterday, Kid #1 got bitten all over. So today I went to the pharmacy and thought it would be fun to see how quickly they could understand what I wanted. I am sure it looked funny, but I went in and said, "Komary (the name for flying mosquitoes)." And then I scratched my arms until the pharmacist got the idea. He got the idea rather quickly if I do say so myself. He gave me this spray that should be used to help the itching after being bitten. Instead, Kid #1 sprayed everything that moved on the way home.

Then, Kid #1 got in trouble today. So Kid #1 was supposed to do something nice for me, anything at all. Soon, grubby hands handed me a piece of paper. The first thing I saw was "Love" written in marker. "How sweet," I thought. And then I looked to the rest of the paper. (This isn't polite conversation, so I am sorry.) There were three...um...squiggles labeled "poop." And Kid #1 laughed hysterically. What can I say? It must get the age and gender. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it so funny how parallel your experiences are to ours! It makes me laugh. We also did not understand the medical visits. We had to check in and then wait in the hall. The entire hall was lined with people! There were only about 2 chairs for 30 people so most were leaning against the wall or simply sitting on the floor. People that came way after us got in before us. I can't remember how we ended up having Hayden seen, but it did eventually happen. That cramped hall was not a good place for an overactive 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and enjoying reading of your experiences! Your children sound wonderful, and I think they are quite blessed to be with you! Wishing you all the best... Love, Elisa G

    ReplyDelete