Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spending the last few days in this city...

We're trying to survive our last few days here. Since we've done most everything the city has to offer at least once, our days have been filled with grocery-shopping, eating at our three restaurants (I have eaten at McDonald's way, waaaaay too much), playing the same board game over and over, endless games of hide and seek (yes, in this small apartment), and going to the park. Obviously this doesn't fill up an entire day, so the kids have been doing such things as learning to iron and right now they are entertaining themselves by scrubbing the kitchen floor. Six days to go.

Since our landlady smacked us with an increased fee due to our water usage, we have been trying to conserve water. We had been doing one load of laundry a day (small washer, remember?). But since we're on a self-imposed water ban, we've been trying to skip a day. Today is our day to do laundry and it's raining. However, since we don't have a dryer and we're running out of clothes, looks like we have to do what we have to do.

We're also almost out of food, so we had to get lots of groceries. On foot. Almost a mile one way. Two umbrellas. Four people. I haven't missed our car much...until today.

I'm in the middle of writing a letter to each child. We plan to mail them from this city and give them to them when they turn 18 (or at least when they're a little bit older). I thought they might like a personalized letter from the place they were born.

I also heard "HUNGRY, HUNGRY!" again this morning. And I did the same thing I did last time. I pretended to be asleep! (Congratulations to those of you who guessed correctly; I will teach you some Polish when I get back home.)





No comments:

Post a Comment