Monday, April 29, 2013

Learning English

We are working on learning some English around these parts. I try different techniques, including writing different words on sticky notes and asking them to place it on the proper object, doing flashcards, using Google translate, playing "I Spy," and singing songs.

Kid #1 is catching on fairly quickly and knows numbers, colors, clothes, foods, simple commands (Go to sleep, set the table, etc.) while Kid #2 doesn't know as much, but when Kid #2 does say something, there is less of an accent.

A couple of days ago, Kid #1 learned opposites words and today, wouldn't ya know, Kid #1 said, "Mama big. Daddy small."

Thank you. Thank you very much. Now, please excuse me while I go eat some celery ;).

5 comments:

  1. HA! That is hysterical! Big Rounder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you just have to laugh....hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just laughed out loud in the dentist office! Oh sweet things! I think they'll fit right in - no problemo! Blessing to you today! Abby & all

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just too funny Lis... I have tears I'm laughing so hard. -Beth

    ReplyDelete