Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Sweet Mundane

A Saturday night. Two kids in pajamas. Eating popcorn. Giggling when tickled. Loving attention. 

I hate to get all mushy on you, but I love our family. It took a long time to get here. And it wasn't always easy. But we're happy and so grateful that we've made it this far.

We went on a long walk today, did laundry, cleaned up the kitchen multiple times, and by the way the popcorn is flying around here, we should have mopped when the kids went to bed. Nothing exciting, but the mundane of ordinary is so sweet! I was singing tonight and Kid #1 started laughing and pointing. And their laughs, oh their laughs! Makes me laugh, too.

Somehow I heard/read that adoption is more like marriage than a birth. It's people coming together with a history who have to get used to each other. Although the kids aren't adults, they have had a significant amount of years without us in a totally different culture. So I agree that it's more like marriage. Even though I look forward to the days when we can communicate easily and we understand each other better, I want to treasure these days, too. It's been such an amazing experience so far and we don't want to forget a minute of it.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so relieved that things are going well, but really I can't say that I'm surprised. My boys enjoyed the skyping and can't wait to be able to talk with their cousins!

    ReplyDelete