Tuesday, April 30, 2013

If you're happy and you know it...

Okay, so as all parents know, along with kids comes the dreaded discipline word. And we've been trying to figure out which discipline methods work best with each kid, some methods are more successful than others. 

Today, one of the kids was pouting and speeding along the way to needing some serious discipline. And I just didn't want to go there. I mean, it's way more fun to play than be in timeout all the time, isn't it? So I pulled out one of the songs I taught them. If you're happy and you know it. I can't believe I am admitting this in public, but I said this is the sweetest, most annoying voice I could find, "If you're happy and you know it, SMILE! If you're happy and you know it, SMILE!"

And it worked. The kid became happy and bounded off and was heard singing that song for an hour or so.

Bryan said, "That helped?!"

Don't try this at home.

3 comments:

  1. :) hey whatever works.....go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall the opposite happening with that song, but Amber's right! You go with whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!? No eye rolls! Clearly you have something this mama doesnt! Abby

    ReplyDelete